Monday, June 13, 2011

Ardsley Park Crime Alert

<The following is an email sent to Ardsley Park residents from a homeowner on 51st Street. I'm leaving his name out to protect his privacy.>

"Early Saturday a.m. (12:45 to be exact) as I was lying in my bed watching TV, I heard a noise outside on my deck (the deck is attached to the house outside of bedroom). I thought it was a neighborhood cat jumping on the deck furniture.

Imagine my surprise and sheer terror when in the next moment a loud crash - the storm window broke in my bedroom. And not just a plain single pane window, but a storm window! Within seconds I was up, and as I used my right hand to glance thru the blinds and see a guy trying to cut through the screen, I used my left hand as payback. I slammed my fist through the window, grabbing at the thug with everything I could. I screamed, he screamed and he was gone, jumping over the fence and took off running down the lane.

I immediately called 911. The police and medics (lots of blood but only a few small cuts from the glass on my hand) were there in moments. About 1/2 dozen cops combed the area. They found 2 bikes, a yard blower and all gates opened on all houses within the surrounding area. Basically the thug that came to my house had already hit up one place and got the blower (and probably the bike) and were getting ready to have a free-for-all on my block. Thank goodness I was awake and was able to put a stop to his "shopping" spree.

I am happy to report that the POS showed up within the hour at Memorial with cuts on his hands/arms. Memorial alerted the cops and he was eventually arrested. His name is Samuel Green, III and wonder of wonders....he was on probation! Sadly and even more so, INFURIATING, he will be out jail within a couple of months and be right back on the streets to steal from us again!
It’s vital that if you see anyone you do not recognize in your alley or on your street to call the cops – and let them sort it out because next time the only tax payer dollars to be used will be for the paperwork and the coroner."

No comments:

Post a Comment